8 November 2014

40th BIRTHDAY CARD





On the 8th of November, my brother turned 40 a few years younger than my sister and I and the only boy.  We also have a much younger sister. Anyway, I wanted to create a special card for him from me and my sisters as I did not just want to hand him a standard store bought card.

I decided to use my newly acquired Silhouette Cameo to make a unique card representing him.  It took me awhile to do this as I am still playing with the Silhouette Cameo (so many features to play and design with). I cut the stencil "1974 Vintage" on card stock with the SC and copied the wrapping paper for the image which I then used as the insert and typed a verse celebrating his Special Birthday.  I then used the insert as a secret envelope to enclose money which my sister and I gave him as a contribution towards his gift.  (He wants to purchase a Gas BBQ).

He had a really awesome get together with all of his mates at a venue which he hired and amidst the free champagne, we danced the night away.  










No comments: