7 July 2016

ACRYLICS


ACRYLICS ON CANVAS

The Art of Creativity Studio
Acrylics
This Medium is one of my favourites with which to work with. I enjoy the fast-drying darker elements of acrylics. I like working with layers as I find this adds to the depth and dimension of the painting.  This body of work has been created over a few years. Most are my own ideas, some are borrowed and some were copied for practice. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Cheetah’s Eye:
I used my photo from when I visited the Cheetah Outrage Program at Spier. I only painted the Cheetah’s Eye with Acrylic Paints on Canvas as I wanted to capture the soul of a Cheetah through his lens as I much as I was through my camera lens. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Hopsy:
Was my daughter’s beloved pet rabbit who sadly passed away.  This a memento, which I painted using acrylics on canvas for my daughter. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Autumn Leaf:
My Son went on a Global Young Learners Conference in the States and whilst he was there he took a photo of this Autumn Leaf which had fallen on the ground.  I asked him whether I could paint this image of the Autumn Leaf, using acrylics on canvas, as a keepsake from his trip. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Coffee Time: 
Was a composition theme at one of the first art classes I took when I first started painting acrylics on canvas. I gifted this to my Mother-in-law who loves coffee. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Life’s a Beach:
This can be interpreted as you like, but I prefer for it to be a reminder that life can be easy and carefree, if we so choose. This is a miniature Mixed Media Acrylic on Canvas. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Blouberg:
I used my Photo of Blouberg Beach as a reference to create this Acrylic Painting of Blouberg.  This painting was created for my Nanna who always loved the ocean.

The Art of Creativity Studio
Ethereal: 
It was a cold Winter’s day in Cape Town and this acrylic painting on canvas happened perchance.  I had started painting and did not really like what I had created so I thought that I would experiment with spraying the top of the painting with water.  As the water droplets were running down, I then started to blend it into the painting with this result, which I rather quite like and have left it as such. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Umbrella:
Reminded me of a lazy Summer’s day on the beach, relaxing and watching the sale boats float by in the distance. Allowing me to drift off to far away places. I used acrylic on canvas and used coarse texture paste for the sand. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Mermaid:
This was a very different technique which was taught at one of my art classes and which I have not utilised since.  It definitely, allowed more freedom as we used various techniques for each layer. Wet acrylic was allowed to drop down, then a texture paint was applied and then drops of paint were allowed to pool. Lastly the mermaid was drawn on and painted in where needed. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
NEWS:
North, East, West or South. It does not matter where you are in the world, the sun will always set and there will always be another day to start over. Mixed Media acrylic on canvas with gold texture paste.

The Art of Creativity Studio
Relax @ 10:
I love tea, any kind of tea and drink copious amounts each day.  I created this using a stencil and acrylic on canvas, which I have subsequently decoupaged onto a tea tray. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Angry Bird Pilots:
Acrylics on canvas was created for my hubby who is a pilot. This was created just as
 fun piece for his bar.

The Art of Creativity Studio
RFAD:
Reach for a Dream is a NGO (Non-Government Organisation) in South Africa, who fulfil the Wishes of Children with life-threatening illnesses.  I support this very worthy Charity Foundation and I painted this acrylic on canvas for their new office in Cape Town. 

The Art of Creativity Studio
Fantasy:
Was a theme created by an artist group which I belonged to on Facebook.  I used acrylic on canvas and had a lot of fun allowing the inner child within to escape and get lost in a Fantasy world. 


The Art of Creativity Studio
SuperHeroVille:
My Nephew, as any young boy does, loves SuperHeros. So with this in mind, I painted this SuperHeroVille for his bedroom using acrylic on canvas.  




No comments: